Government has made available financial assistance of up to £2,500 to support businesses who were severely affected by the recent floods caused by storms Ciara and Dennis.
To qualify for this support you will need to demonstrate that your property was
- Directly impacted by the weather event - for instance there was flood damage to the property, equipment, and/or stock; or;
- Indirectly impacted by the weather event - for instance the business has had no/highly restricted access to premises, equipment and or stock as a result of flooding, restricted access for customers, suppliers and or/staff; and directly suffered a loss of trade as a result.
Any costs that could be recovered through your insurance will not be eligible under this scheme.
Businesses that were affected by the floods may also be entitled to a period of business rates relief. The qualifying conditions are as follows :
- The business was directly impacted by flooding (such as flood damage to the property, equipment, and/or stock) or;
- The business could not function due to lack of access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of the flooding, and no alternatives were available.
- And as a result of the above the business activity undertaken at the hereditament was adversely affected.
National Lottery Funding
Local Authority and Community Sports Organisations can apply for a grant of up to £5,000 to pay for emergency repairs. Find out more