The Producer City sets out an economic ambition for the city and district and describes an economy in which businesses create innovative goods and services, make them competitively and trade them globally.
Bradford has a proud industrial heritage built by successful businesses who have married new ideas and technologies to the entrepreneurial energy of successive generations of people who have made the district their home.
The modern reality of Bradford - The Producer City is demonstrated by the scale and breadth of an £8.3 billion economy that ranks as the 8th largest in England. We are a globally significant centre for manufacturing and have real strengths in key sectors such as financial and professional services, retail, construction, creative and digital industries.
We are also home to a number of the UK’s leading businesses. This includes companies such as:
- Pace - the world’s number one designer and manufacturer of digital set-top boxes.
- Hallmark Cards – world leading Greetings Card Manufacturers and Retailers.
- Yorkshire Building Society - the second largest building society in the UK with 3.5 million members and assets worth £33 billion.
- WM Morrison Supermarkets – the UK’s fourth largest supermarket chain.
- BorgWarner – leading global supplier of innovative turbo-charging systems to the automotive industry.
- Radio design – award winning world leaders in wireless telecommunications product design.
- Emerald – leading international publisher of academic and professional research.
- Seabrook Crisps – a leading UK producer and distributor of potato crisps.
The Producer City provides a focus for building on our strengths and assets to make Bradford one of the best places to operate a business. Our strategy is to promote investment and business growth in high value, dynamic and innovative sectors that will drive future economic growth.